Friday, September 16, 2011

Coming Back

I have had some ideas lately to blog about but just can't seem to find the block of time necessary to get them written. Life has been extremely hectic over these past couple of months since we returned from our Romania mission trip. I am working to build a small business while simultaneously working with a wonderful group of people in a New Church start. (cf. www.connectingpointchurch.cc)

Since it has been so long since I have written anything I thought it would be best to see if anyone is out there who might be interested in reading. I write a daily devotional thought for our website -- Monday through Friday. It is under the heading "R.A.B.U." (means Rooted And Built UP); teach a small group Bible study at Connecting Point Prince Perry on Wednesday nights; (one of our 8 House Churches) and prepare Bible lessons for our Sunday gatherings. With all this and doing manual labor sometimes for 7 to 9 hours a day, blogging just has not been on the "top" of my list.

What I really want to do is try and find out if anyone is still out there who may be remotely interested in reading things that I may write in the future. It may sound strange but I would like to get an idea of how many people are interested in reading. So, if you don't mind, just comment on this post by simply saying, "Write and I'll read" or whatever else you want to say. Also, let me know what kind of things seem most helpful to you when you do take the time to read blogs.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have been reading and keeping up with your blog...as a former youth under your leadership, you taught me so much and I often refer to things that you have said or taught us. I would hate to miss out on that. :)

Angie Mizzell said...

Write and I'll read. Talk and I'll listen. Move on from blogging for now or forever and I'll understand. Here's what I know: time is precious and limited. Your approach to ministry has changed. You (seem to be) in that long, windy road of transition that so many of us can relate to. It's not your job to guide us every step of the way... but to do what you're called to do. I know I always appreciate hearing about the inner workings of someone's journey. Selfishly, I'd love to keep hearing about yours, because your thoughts on faith are unpretentious, intelligent and relevant.But I bet everyone who takes the time to read your words here will respect what you choose to do... supporting you as you have always supported us.

Ann said...

I enjoy reading your blog.